Sunday, October 19, 2008

Saying Good Bye

For those of you that have access or follow Roger's Blog - I felt like I should write the last entry... Here is the email I sent out to many friends and family.


Just thought I would send a quick message to a few people… Roger, my father, passed away early Monday morning (9/8). Although he had mesothelioma (diagnosed in June), it was actually complications with that and his heart that finally took him. I was down to see him on Thursday. We joked around and he was really feeling good. Friday was better yet, we went on a couple errands, had Chinese food and talked until late. Saturday AM he got up and really felt great and then he just sat down and apparently had a stroke. He was taken to Hospice and later that next day he passed, very quietly.

We are not planning any services or memorials – He never understood a reason for them.

I am going to miss my flying buddy.

Kevin

Dad in the T-34 and Dad and I somewhere over northern AZ - just hav'in fun!



No comments:

Granddaughter's Gift

Granddaughter's Gift
Michelle had flowers sent to "Nana"